Voted Best Personal Injury Law Firm By Georgia Lawyers
Thomasville Personal Injury Lawyers
Have a Case? Contact Us Today
I called Matt after several people recommended him. He was very kind and did a very good job on my son’s case. We are very thankful for the work he did. Most importantly, he was never hard to reach and answered every question we had while going through the process. Matt is the only attorney I will ever call in the future.
My husband is a cyclist that did not fair well against an SUV recently. Matt and his team took phenomenal care of us, allowing us not to stress out (too much) about the little things. Matt and his team handled everything with professionalism. We know we made the right call.
So glad I hired this firm after my rearend car accident. Matt embodies the skill set and values I was looking for. He treats every case like a mini war, and was a zealous advocate on my behalf. And he did so in the most competent and skillful manner. He listened, was empathetic and understood my legal and nonlegal problems.
My 85-year old mom was in a motor vehicle accident with an uninsured motorist. His love, thoroughness and commitment to her case helped us through this accident and her cancer treatment. She underwent successful lobectomy and chemotherapy and is doing exceptionally well. We are immensely grateful.
It was important to me to get the maximum money I could for my broken neck and arm. After getting jerked around for months by State Farm, I interviewed several firms and chose Mr. Wetherington. I’m glad I did. He forced the insurance company to pay twenty times their last offer to me.
It is an honor to share my experience with Mr. Wetherington. He was able to get answers about what happened in my son’s wreck that other attorney’s were not able to do. I am so thankful for the work that he did and he was very thorough in his explanation of why the vehicle had a “defect.”
My case did not settle. The person that hit me only had minimal policy limits. Fortunately, I had my own insurance, which should have provided more money. My insurance company, Allstate, treated me like garbage. We had to sue them and go all the way to trial, which we won.
- Jane Doe
Matt Wetherington is the attorney who is suing the booting companies. We need to do everything we can as a community to help him succeed. God bless you, Mr. Wetherington!
The best! Great people and always friendly.
Thomasville Personal Injury Lawyers
Known locally as the ‘City of Roses’ for its annual Rose Festival, Thomasville is located in Thomas County in the heart of South Georgia. Some notable attractions in Thomasville include the Lapham Patterson House, the Big Oak, the Jack Hadley Black History Museum, and the Thomasville History Center.
At Wetherington Law, our Thomasville personal injury lawyers are aggressive, justice-focused advocates for injured victims. We know how to hold insurers to account. If you or your family member was hurt in an accident in Thomas County, we can help. To arrange a free case review with a top Georgia personal injury lawyer, please contact us at our Thomasville law office today.
Handling All Types of Personal Injury Claims in Thomasville
As one of the most respected and highly regarded personal injury law firms in Georgia, we have devoted our practice to handling serious and catastrophic injury claims. Our Thomasville, GA personal injury lawyers are qualified to take on the most complex of cases. Some notable examples of personal injury claims that we are ready to take on Thomas County include:
- Car Crashes: If you were hurt in a car crash in Thomasville, you need an attorney who has the skills and experience to help you navigate the insurance claims process.
- Bicycle Accident Injury: South Georgia is beautiful. It can be a wonderful place for biking—but only if drivers take proper safety precautions. We represent injured bike accident victims in Thomas County.
- Motorcycle Accident: Motorcycle accident claims are complex. Our Thomasville motorcycle accident lawyer is standing by, ready to help you get justice.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Pedestrian collisions affect all communities—not only large cities. Our Thomasville, GA pedestrian accident lawyers fight aggressively to protect injured victims.
- Semi Truck Accidents: Plenty of major highways run through Thomas County, including U.S. Route 319 and U.S. Route 19. Many large commercial trucks pass through Thomasville every day. We fight for the rights of truck accident victims in Thomasville.
- Boat Accident Injuries: Thomas County is a top area for boating. Unfortunately, accidents can happen when proper safety precautions are not taken.
- Slip and Falls: Were you hurt in a slip and fall while on another person’s property? Our Thomasville, GA slip and fall accident lawyers are standing by, ready to help.
- Premises Liability Claims: We handle all types of premises liability claims. Beyond slip and falls, this also includes improper maintenance claims and negligent security claims.
- Dangerous and Defective Drugs: Drug companies have a duty to look out for the safety of patients. If you were harmed by a dangerous drug, we are here to help you get justice.
- Medical Malpractice Lawsuits: Georgia’s medical malpractice laws are complex. We know how to hold negligent doctors, hospitals, and other health providers to account.
Car Accidents are Governed by Tort Law in Thomasville
Car accidents in Thomasville, as throughout the rest of Georgia, are governed by tort law. Under the law, you can file a car accident claim against the negligent driver to claim damages such as medical expenses, lost income, and more. To file a claim against a careless driver, you must file a claim with their insurance company.
It is easy to assume that because insurers are supposed to help make things easier for car accident victims after a crash, obtaining compensation from the insurance company is not difficult. Unfortunately, that is not true. Insurance companies are massive corporations, and they are far more interested in protecting their profits than they are in helping you seek the compensation you deserve.
The insurer will try many tactics to reduce your claim or deny it altogether. They may argue that you caused the accident, not the party they represent, or claim that you had pre-existing injuries that were not caused by the crash. This is one reason it is so important to work with a Thomasville car accident attorney who will not allow insurers to get away with these tactics and who will hold them accountable for paying the full damages you are entitled to.
Other Laws Governing Car Accidents in Thomasville
In addition to the tort laws that govern Thomasville car accidents, there are others, as well. Two of the most important of these are as follows:
- Statute of Limitations: In most cases, you have only two years to file a car accident claim after a crash or you will lose your legal right to claim any financial compensation at all. If you were involved in a crash with a state-owned vehicle, the statute of limitations is just one year from the date of the accident.
- Comparative Negligence: Under Georgia’s comparative negligence law, you can still claim a portion of damages even if you contributed to the accident. However, you must carry 49 percent or less of the fault. The other party will likely argue that you were partly at fault to reduce the number of damages they must pay. It is important to fight back against these claims because if they are successful, it will greatly reduce the number of damages you receive.
What Compensation Can You Recover After an Accident?
Were you hurt in a serious accident in Thomas County, Georgia? If so, you have the right to seek financial relief for both monetary and intangible losses. Sadly, corporations and insurance companies fight hard to resolve potential liability for the lowest amount possible. Our Thomasville personal injury lawyers go above and beyond to help injured victims secure the full financial support that they rightfully deserve. Along with other types of damages, you may recover for:
- Property damage (such as automobile repairs);
- Ambulance costs and emergency medical care;
- Hospital bills and other health care expenses;
- Loss of wages and loss of earning power;
- Pain and suffering & mental anguish;
- Long-term physical disability or impairment; and
- Wrongful death of a close family member.
Why Rely On the Thomasville Personal Injury Lawyers at Wetherington Law
It is normal to be confused, stressed, and totally overwhelmed after a serious accident. At Wetherington Law, we are here to help you navigate every aspect of the personal injury claims process. When you get in touch with us at our Thomasville law office, you will have a chance to work with a Georgia personal injury lawyer who will:
- Answer your questions and explain your options during a free consultation;
- Carefully investigate the accident—gathering and organizing the evidence you need;
- Handle the legal paperwork and advocate for your interests in settlement negotiations; and
- Develop a proactive and pragmatic approach focused on securing you the best outcome.
Contact Our Thomasville Personal Injury Attorneys Today
At Wetherington Law, our Thomasville personal injury lawyers are aggressive, justice-driven advocates for victims and their family members. If you or your loved one was seriously hurt in any type of accident, we are here to protect your rights. Give us a call now or connect with us online to set up your free case evaluation. With a law office in Thomasville, we represent injured victims throughout Thomas County, including in Boston, Coolidge, Barwick, Meigs, Pavo, and Ochlocknee.