Voted Best Personal Injury Law Firm By Georgia Lawyers
Macon Personal Injury Lawyers
I called Matt after several people recommended him. He was very kind and did a very good job on my son’s case. We are very thankful for the work he did. Most importantly, he was never hard to reach and answered every question we had while going through the process. Matt is the only attorney I will ever call in the future.
My husband is a cyclist that did not fair well against an SUV recently. Matt and his team took phenomenal care of us, allowing us not to stress out (too much) about the little things. Matt and his team handled everything with professionalism. We know we made the right call.
So glad I hired this firm after my rearend car accident. Matt embodies the skill set and values I was looking for. He treats every case like a mini war, and was a zealous advocate on my behalf. And he did so in the most competent and skillful manner. He listened, was empathetic and understood my legal and nonlegal problems.
My 85-year old mom was in a motor vehicle accident with an uninsured motorist. His love, thoroughness and commitment to her case helped us through this accident and her cancer treatment. She underwent successful lobectomy and chemotherapy and is doing exceptionally well. We are immensely grateful.
It was important to me to get the maximum money I could for my broken neck and arm. After getting jerked around for months by State Farm, I interviewed several firms and chose Mr. Wetherington. I’m glad I did. He forced the insurance company to pay twenty times their last offer to me.
It is an honor to share my experience with Mr. Wetherington. He was able to get answers about what happened in my son’s wreck that other attorney’s were not able to do. I am so thankful for the work that he did and he was very thorough in his explanation of why the vehicle had a “defect.”
My case did not settle. The person that hit me only had minimal policy limits. Fortunately, I had my own insurance, which should have provided more money. My insurance company, Allstate, treated me like garbage. We had to sue them and go all the way to trial, which we won.
- Jane Doe
Matt Wetherington is the attorney who is suing the booting companies. We need to do everything we can as a community to help him succeed. God bless you, Mr. Wetherington!
The best! Great people and always friendly.
Macon Personal Injury Lawyers
Macon has been dubbed “a textbook of historic architecture” due to the fact that the city has 6,000 individual structures in 14 historical districts listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The history is not only in the buildings here. The city is also full of museums showcasing Native American history, African-American art, and more. There is certainly a lot to see and do in Macon as people move about, they typically use motor vehicles to get to their destinations.
At Wetherington Law Firm, our Macon personal injury attorneys are dedicated, results-driven advocates for justice. We take on causes, not cases. If you or your family member was hurt in a serious accident in Macon-Bibb County, we are more than ready to help. To set up a no-cost, no-commitment consultation with a top-rated Georgia personal injury lawyer, please contact us today.
An Overview of Personal Injury Claims We Handle in Macon
We are a full-service personal injury firm that has earned a reputation for success. With a focus on serious and catastrophic injuries, our Georgia personal injury lawyers have the specialized legal skills, professional experience, and real-world experience to help people through the most complex claims. Along with other types of personal injury claims in Macon, our law firm can help you with:
- Car Accidents: We handle the full spectrum of auto accident injury claims in Macon-Bibb County. Our firm will help you bring a claim for compensation after a crash. Call our Macon car accident lawyers today for a free consultation.
- Bicycle Accidents: Far too many motorists in Georgia still struggle to share road safety with cyclists. If you were injured in a bike accident in Macon, we can help.
- Motorcycle Wrecks: Our Macon motorcycle accident injury attorneys have the unique legal expertise to protect the rights and interests of injured riders.
- Pedestrian Injuries: Pedestrians are vulnerable to injury. Negligent bikers, drivers, motorcyclists, and truckers can cause pedestrians serious bodily injury. We represent pedestrians severely injured in motor vehicle accidents in Macon.
- Trucking Accidents: Truckers and truck companies must comply with state and federal transportation safety regulations. When negligent truck drivers cause accidents, serious injuries can occur. Our personal injury firm holds negligent truck companies and their commercial insurers accountable.
- Boating Accidents: Georgia is one of the best areas in the country for boating. But boats can be dangerous if proper care is not taken. We handle boat accident injury claims in the Macon area.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Businesses and property owners must remove slipping and tripping hazards. If you were hurt in a slip and fall caused by negligence, our Macon personal injury lawyers can help.
- Premises Liability Claims: Beyond slip and fall accidents, we handle all other types of premises liability claims in Macon, including negligent security lawsuits.
- Defective Drug Claims: Large corporations can be held legally liable for injuries caused by dangerous and defective drugs. Call our Macon defective drug lawyers for help.
- Wrongful Death Claims: Losing a loved one due to the recklessness and negligence of another is a tragic event. Our firm is here to help. We take on wrongful death claims to help families navigate the difficult times following the loss of a loved one.
- Medical Malpractice Claims: We hold negligent doctors, nurses, hospitals, and other health providers liable for harm caused to patients by medical malpractice.
You Need Full Financial Compensation After a Serious Accident
After suffering a serious injury in Macon, you need money to pay bills and support your family. Georgia law allows personal injury claimants/plaintiffs to seek financial relief for economic and non-economic losses. The value of your personal injury claim will depend on the extent of your damages and your ability to prove liability. Our Macon, GA personal injury attorneys work tirelessly to help injured victims maximize their financial support.
Compensation can be sought for:
- Property damage;
- Emergency medical treatment;
- Hospital bills;
- Other health care expenses;
- Lost wages;
- Diminished earning power;
- Pain and suffering;
- Permanent scarring;
- Long-term disability; and
- Wrongful death of a family member.
Auto Accident Claims in Macon
Car accidents are very common in Macon and when they occur, people suffer serious injuries. Our Macon car accident attorneys can help you claim the full damages that can offset the financial burden of your injuries and help you make a full recovery.
Steps to Take After an Accident
The steps you take immediately following a crash will either help or hurt your claim. During this time, it is natural to feel frustrated, stressed, and unsure of what to do next. To protect your rights, the most important steps to take after a crash are as follows:
- Document the scene: Calling the police to report the crash, taking pictures and obtaining names and contact information from eyewitnesses are just a few steps to take to document the scene.
- Seek medical attention: Your health is the most important priority after a crash. Seeking medical attention will also make sure your injuries are medically documented so you can claim full damages for them.
- Take notes: Keep an injury diary from the day you were injured until the day you receive financial compensation. Document how the injuries are impacting your life, the degree of pain you are feeling, and any activities you can no longer participate in.
- Document your damages: Keep all receipts, medical bills and records, your claim number, the name of the insurance adjuster, and the full names and contact information of any relevant contacts. All of this information will help you document your damages.
- Speak to a lawyer: A Macon car accident attorney will negotiate with the other side so you claim the full damages you justly deserve.
Time Limits on Car Accident Claims in Macon
You can file a claim against the negligent or careless driver who caused your accident and resulting injuries. Through a successful injury claim, you can recover your medical expenses, lost income, and more. However, you can only claim those damages within a certain amount of time. The statute of limitations on car accident claims in Macon is two years from the date of the crash. Your case does not have to be resolved during this time, but you must file the claim within two years. If you do not, you will lose your right to claim damages at all.
Navigating the personal injury claims process is never easy. Defendants and insurers try to do everything that they can to pay out less. At Wetherington Law, we are a boutique personal injury litigation firm that works on behalf of victims and their families—not large insurance companies. Among other things, our Macon, GA personal injury attorneys will:
- Hear your story and answer your questions about the claims process;
- Thoroughly investigate your accident and your injuries;
- Handle the insurance paperwork and legal paperwork;
- Represent you or your loved one in settlement negotiations; and
- Take your personal injury claim as far as it needs to go to get results.
No matter your current financial situation, you can always afford to retain a top Macon personal injury lawyer. Our law firm represents victims on contingency. Our clients never pay any legal fees unless we help them secure financial compensation through a personal injury settlement or trial verdict.
Schedule Your Free Consultation
At Wetherington Law, our Macon personal injury attorneys are standing by, ready to get working on your behalf. If you or your loved one was severely injured in any type of accident, we are here to help you fight for justice and full financial compensation. Contact us online or call at 478-796-8244 today for your free, no-obligation initial appointment with an attorney. We represent injured victims in Macon and throughout the surrounding communities in Macon-Bibb County.
Visit Our Macon Office
Wetherington Law Firm – Macon Personal Injury Lawyers
561 D T Walton Sr Way
Macon, GA 32021