Voted Best Personal Injury Law Firm By Georgia Lawyers
Atlanta Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyers
Have a Case? Contact Us Today
I called Matt after several people recommended him. He was very kind and did a very good job on my son’s case. We are very thankful for the work he did. Most importantly, he was never hard to reach and answered every question we had while going through the process. Matt is the only attorney I will ever call in the future.
My husband is a cyclist that did not fair well against an SUV recently. Matt and his team took phenomenal care of us, allowing us not to stress out (too much) about the little things. Matt and his team handled everything with professionalism. We know we made the right call.
So glad I hired this firm after my rearend car accident. Matt embodies the skill set and values I was looking for. He treats every case like a mini war, and was a zealous advocate on my behalf. And he did so in the most competent and skillful manner. He listened, was empathetic and understood my legal and nonlegal problems.
My 85-year old mom was in a motor vehicle accident with an uninsured motorist. His love, thoroughness and commitment to her case helped us through this accident and her cancer treatment. She underwent successful lobectomy and chemotherapy and is doing exceptionally well. We are immensely grateful.
It was important to me to get the maximum money I could for my broken neck and arm. After getting jerked around for months by State Farm, I interviewed several firms and chose Mr. Wetherington. I’m glad I did. He forced the insurance company to pay twenty times their last offer to me.
It is an honor to share my experience with Mr. Wetherington. He was able to get answers about what happened in my son’s wreck that other attorney’s were not able to do. I am so thankful for the work that he did and he was very thorough in his explanation of why the vehicle had a “defect.”
My case did not settle. The person that hit me only had minimal policy limits. Fortunately, I had my own insurance, which should have provided more money. My insurance company, Allstate, treated me like garbage. We had to sue them and go all the way to trial, which we won.
- Jane Doe
Matt Wetherington is the attorney who is suing the booting companies. We need to do everything we can as a community to help him succeed. God bless you, Mr. Wetherington!
The best! Great people and always friendly.
In the capital city of Georgia, there is so much to see and do in Atlanta. With just under half a million people living here, the streets can become very congested. Not only do residents use the city streets, but so do visitors, cyclists, pedestrians, and commercial trucks responsible for bringing the consumer goods people in the city use every day. All of these lead to congested roads, which always increase the chances of a crash occurring.
The amount of accidents throughout the state has increased steadily since 2014, largely because more people are on the roads. Any negligent act by another driver can easily result in a crash that will have a devastating impact on your life. Regardless of the type of accident you have been in, our Atlanta motor vehicle accident attorneys can help you claim the financial compensation you deserve.
Types of Motor Vehicle Accidents in Atlanta
Most people think strictly of car accidents when they think of collisions on the road. However, there are others, as well. These include:
- Uninsured Motorist Accidents: Like all other states, Georgia law requires all drivers to carry a certain amount of auto insurance. Unfortunately, not all motorists comply with this law. The law does not require motorists to carry uninsured motorist coverage but without it, accident victims have little recourse if they are hurt by a negligent driver.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcyclists are largely exposed when they are out on the roads. Even when wearing a helmet and other safety gear, their body is simply not shielded in the same way as drivers of passenger vehicles. As such, bikers can sustain some of the worst injuries in a crash.
- Truck Accidents: Trucks can weigh up to 80,000 pounds when they are fully loaded, while passenger vehicles usually weigh closer to 4,000. The sheer weight and size of a truck means a crash involving one will result in catastrophic injuries for those in smaller vehicles.
- Boating Accidents: Recreation can quickly turn to devastation if proper boating regulations and safety aren’t followed, manufacturers miss the mark, and distributors are negligent.
- Bicycle Accidents: Bicycles may not be motor vehicles, but they are legally classified as vehicles nonetheless. Like motorcyclists, individuals on bikes have almost no protection when they are hit and they sustain severe injuries as a result.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Pedestrians struck by vehicles in Georgia deserve to have their rights fought for. Were you struck by a vehicle? Work with our attorneys at Wetherington Law Firm today.
- Auto Accidents: Thousands of accidents occur each year in Georgia resulting in serious injury. You should know your legal options if you’ve been injured in a car accident in Atlanta.
- Scooter Accidents: With increases in e-scooters such as Bird and Lime scooters, injuries are bound to occur. Do all you can to protect your rights and fight for your compensation.
- MARTA Accidents: Atlanta’s public transportation system has been known to get into and cause accidents around our city. Learn what you can do to hold them accountable if you were injured in an accident by a bus or train.
Adequate Medical Treatment is Crucial After a Motor Vehicle Accident
Seeking medical treatment after a crash is crucial. Your priority right now should be your own safety and well-being and so, a doctor should examine you and identify any injury you suffered. Many people incorrectly think they are not hurt after a crash, only to learn later that they sustained injuries such as a concussion, whiplash, and other injuries, as well. You must receive medical treatment right away so your injuries do not become worse.
Seeing a doctor after an accident is also important to any accident claim you may file in the future. If you do not seek treatment, or it is not documented in medical records, the insurance company will argue you were not injured and so, do not have a right to collect damages. Our motor vehicle accident attorneys in Atlanta will ensure you receive the necessary medical treatment and help you obtain any compensation available.
Call Our Motor Vehicle Accident Attorneys in Atlanta Now
If you have been hurt, do not file an injury claim on your own. At Wetherington Law Firm, our Atlanta motor vehicle accident attorneys are dedicated to helping accident victims claim the full financial compensation they deserve and we can help you, too. Call us now or contact us online to schedule a meeting with one of our knowledgeable attorneys.