Voted Best Personal Injury Law Firm By Georgia Lawyers
Atlanta Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
I called Matt after several people recommended him. He was very kind and did a very good job on my son’s case. We are very thankful for the work he did. Most importantly, he was never hard to reach and answered every question we had while going through the process. Matt is the only attorney I will ever call in the future.
My husband is a cyclist that did not fair well against an SUV recently. Matt and his team took phenomenal care of us, allowing us not to stress out (too much) about the little things. Matt and his team handled everything with professionalism. We know we made the right call.
So glad I hired this firm after my rearend car accident. Matt embodies the skill set and values I was looking for. He treats every case like a mini war, and was a zealous advocate on my behalf. And he did so in the most competent and skillful manner. He listened, was empathetic and understood my legal and nonlegal problems.
My 85-year old mom was in a motor vehicle accident with an uninsured motorist. His love, thoroughness and commitment to her case helped us through this accident and her cancer treatment. She underwent successful lobectomy and chemotherapy and is doing exceptionally well. We are immensely grateful.
It was important to me to get the maximum money I could for my broken neck and arm. After getting jerked around for months by State Farm, I interviewed several firms and chose Mr. Wetherington. I’m glad I did. He forced the insurance company to pay twenty times their last offer to me.
It is an honor to share my experience with Mr. Wetherington. He was able to get answers about what happened in my son’s wreck that other attorney’s were not able to do. I am so thankful for the work that he did and he was very thorough in his explanation of why the vehicle had a “defect.”
My case did not settle. The person that hit me only had minimal policy limits. Fortunately, I had my own insurance, which should have provided more money. My insurance company, Allstate, treated me like garbage. We had to sue them and go all the way to trial, which we won.
- Jane Doe
Matt Wetherington is the attorney who is suing the booting companies. We need to do everything we can as a community to help him succeed. God bless you, Mr. Wetherington!
The best! Great people and always friendly.
Your skull carries precious cargo, and its solid bone material is highly effective at protecting the brain from many types of trauma. However, a violent blow to the head or penetrating injury can cause serious injuries, and data from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reveals the risks. Every year, there are around 64,000 deaths related to traumatic brain injury (TBI), while more than 223,000 victims are hospitalized for these injuries annually. The severity and implications of TBI can vary widely, but victims often sustain serious physical, financial, and emotional losses.
Many TBIs are the result of accidents, so you may have legal options under Georgia personal injury laws. You might qualify to recover compensation, and our team at Wetherington Law Firm, P.C. will guide you through the process. Accidents are our core practice area, so we are ready to pursue all at-fault parties. Please contact us today to schedule a no-cost case evaluation with an Atlanta traumatic brain injury lawyer. Some information about TBIs and your legal remedies is also useful.
Accidents and TBIs
A TBI includes any type of trauma that affects how the brain works, so the harm could range from a minor concussion to critical brain damage. A violent impact could lead the brain to move inside the skull, causing bleeding, bruising, and other trauma. TBIs are often the result of:
- Car accidents due to motorists who speed, drive drunk, run stop lights, and fail to yield;
- Truck crashes, lead to extreme impacts because of the size differential between vehicles;
- Motorcycle Collisions: Especially when the rider suffers a secondary impact after being tossed from the vehicle;
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents, which are covered by traffic crash laws even though the victim was not an occupant of a motorized vehicle;
- Slip and falls and other accidents that occur because of dangerous conditions on property;
- Defective products that are dangerous because of flaws in design, manufacturing, or labeling;
- Medical malpractice and birth injuries; and
- Many other accidents.
Liability in Personal Injury Claims
Though many types of accidents can lead to TBI, they are generally the result of negligence. Under this theory of liability, you must prove certain essential elements to recover compensation, including:
- The other person or entity had a duty to exercise reasonable care when acting, so as to avoid causing a risk of harm to others.
- That party breached this duty of care through unsafe acts.
- The breach of duty was the direct cause of the accident in which you suffered TBI.
- You sustained losses because of your TBI.
Extreme Losses and Complications from TBI
With a minor concussion, an accident victim may only require basic medical treatment followed by rest at home. Serious TBIs can cause long-term complications, permanent disability, and other losses. The nature of the injuries varies based upon the level of trauma, area of the brain affected, the overall physical health of the victim before being hurt, and many other factors.
For instance, a victim may experience:
- Memory loss;
- Cognitive challenges;
- Headaches and dizziness;
- Extreme fatigue;
- Changes to vision and hearing;
- Problems with balance, coordination, and motor skills;
- Reduced language skills; and,
- Mood swings, depression, and angry outbursts.
With serious TBI, a person may also sustain paralysis in different parts of the body. Together, these symptoms and complications could lead to loss of independence, since the victim must rely on others for care and basic tasks.
Legal Help with Seeking Damages
When you have solid evidence to prove negligence, you may qualify to recover compensation for your medical costs, pain and suffering, emotional distress, and many other losses. Our Atlanta traumatic brain injury attorneys at Wetherington Law Firm, P.C. will assist with all necessary tasks, including:
- Conducting an investigation and gathering evidence related to fault;
- Reviewing your medical records regarding the TBI diagnosis, treatment, long-term brain damage, and related factors;
- Completing all forms to file a claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company;
- Attempting to negotiate an agreement to settle with the insurer; and,
- Filing a lawsuit in court if the insurance company refuses to pay fair damages.
Contact an Atlanta Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer to Learn About Your Rights
As you can see, retaining experienced legal representation is wise if you or a loved one suffered TBI in an accident. You can rely on Wetherington Law Firm, P.C. to handle all essential tasks, whether we are dealing with an insurer or fighting for your rights in court. Please visit us online today to set up a free consultation with a Georgia TBI attorney.